Thursday 6 September 2007

back to bc

I am back from BC. I forgot to take the recharger for my camera battery and had not charged it before I left so I only managed a few photos before it kacked out.

We went to a bird sanctuary to test out new binoculars,
















feed the birds ... and us :-)

















and take some photos.















Later we went back to Ruckle Park on Saltspring Island.

The blue tent is about where our tent was on our last visit and the white tent is about where the orange tent was in the post below.

Our old campsite was taken so we found one a little further southwest.

On the second and third nights we abandoned our tent and slept on these rocks under the big moon and the starry starry sky. The first tentless night it was just binocular boy, his mum and me. My head was close to a blackberry bush and my cousin awoke in the night to see a deer eating blackberries.


On the second tentless night, my aunt, 2 cousins, cousin-in-law, 2 sons-of-a-cousin (see the post below) and I wrapped ourselves in everything we could find and sailed to the land of nod in our rocky wave-swept cradle.

No comments:

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go