Monday 14 June 2010

useful beauty

I got home from Nova Scotia to find that my neighbour to the north had cut down the two glorious fruit trees that graced the yard for so many years, gave us a nice shady place to sit and were home to birds, bees, squirrels and butterflies. Two trees at the front of the house had also been also been injured and destroyed.

On Monday, the fifth tree - the beautiful, not-so-lonesome pine - met its demise.

Warning: Videos not suitable for all audiences.








In the Aeroplane over the Sea , Neutral Milk Hotel, In the Aeroplane over the Sea (2000)

2 comments:

Tannis Atkinson said...

O

M

G

!!!

How tragic. I did watch the videos...and wanted to weep.

Tannis

risky mouse said...

I know! That is why I put the warning.

This was one of the most fabulous gardens EVER. I do not know why a person would buy a house with such an amazing legacy garden if they were not in love with that sweet and sacred place.

It seems to be a bit of a trend on our street. New owners chop down trees, dig up flowers and pave over gardens with giant car houses.

Our new landlord demolished most of the flower beds and hedgerows on our side of the fence as soon as they took "possession."

The birds are bravely hanging in. I have been feeding them extra to help them through the trauma of losing their homes. Not quite sure what to do for the the bees and butterflies though.

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go