Wednesday 1 April 2009

mapping wellington

After our walk in the Rest Acres woods, we went to Brantford to find my dad's old house at 101 Wellington Street. Jane had given us directions but we missed one of the turns. I was reading directions from a map when all of a sudden Dad, from the back seat, started to tell us how to get there. His directions were PERFECT! He has not been here in over 50 years but I guess the landscapes of our childhood leave a longlasting imprint.
























The house is now offices for an accountant and a lawyer. The building next door is a Presbyterian church. The church was there when my dad lived here but the addition is new. In my dad's day, there was a shed and a big tree with a rope swing. They used to swing onto the shed roof, risking life and limb.













This little blonde squirrel was waiting behind the house.

No comments:

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go