Saturday 6 June 2009

expansion team

Another housemate joined the garden this weekend. Her friend and his daughter helped. They are going to plant a crop of Swiss chard. They lifted out the sod from a patch that measures about 4 feet by 4 feet. Ooops. I mean 1.2 metres by 1.2 metres.

Last week I dug out a strip about a foot (30 cm) wide and was pretty fed up by the time I finished. I was filled with admiration for this ambition. They worked hard and it took a long time.





















Our housemate made us a beautiful meal: blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese and sausages. It was delicious. We ate under the pear tree. I did not take a photo but somebody left this flower on the table so I photographed it instead. You'll have to imagine the feast, dubbed 'brinner' by the daughter because it was brunch and we ate it between lunch and dinner.
































The expansion team got arty with the landscaping. This is the new territory. Frank Gehry has nothing on us. We are now world class for sure.















































Yay expansion team! You rock.

No comments:

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go